I am seeking positions in the Environmental Engineering field.
- January 2016 – current, University of California, Berkeley, Civil & Environmental Engineering, MS candidate
- August 2012 – June 2015, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA; Division of Social Sciences, combined BA in Environmental Studies and Biology.
- August 2011 – July 2012, Peralta Community College District, Berkeley/Oakland/Alameda, CA
- August 2009 – May 2011, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA; School of Architecture
- September 2005 – June 2009, Berkeley High School, Berkeley, CA
- Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Rhinoceros 3D & Vray
April 2014 – present
Lab/Field Assistant, Shennan Lab, UC Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA. Agroecology and sustainable agriculture laboratory and field research. Tasks include treatment application, biomass sampling, EC and pH measurements, data collection and entry, upkeep and maintenance, etc.
January 2014 – March 2014
Intern, NOAA Fishery Ecology Division, Santa Cruz, CA. Intern working under Dr. Cynthia Kern. Sorted through samples of arthropods taken from Scott Creek, for a NOAA grant investigating the coho salmon pop. dynamic response to the 2009 “Lockheed” wildfire.
July 2013 – September 2013
Intern, Urban Biofilter & Hyphae Design Laboratory, Oakland, CA. Researched and wrote a paper on the financial incentives of air pollution biofiltration. Also CAD drafting, website maintenance, construction and installation of various projects, blog writing.
March 2013 – June 2013
Research Assistant, UCSC Forest Ecology Research Plot (FERP), Santa Cruz, CA. Supervisor of three interns assigned to the UCSC FERP, taking measurements of diameter and bearing (plus other various special circumstances) of all plant, tree, and vine species on the UCSC FERP.
January 2013 – March 2013
Intern, UCSC Forest Ecology Research Plot (FERP), Santa Cruz, CA. Took measurements of diameter and bearing (plus other various special circumstances) of all plant, tree, and vine species on the UCSC FERP.
Summer 2011, Summer 2010
Architecture Intern, Interactive Resources, Pt. Richmond, CA. Measured floor space in a historic house in preparation for restoration; prepared CAD drawings for a solar panel farm and the historic house; took photos of commercial property and analyzed opportunities for renovations. Drew up CAD engineering and architectural details for various projects. Accompanied the principal architect (and Richmond city councilman) Thomas K. Butt to site visits and the occasional sales pitch, as well as city council meetings.
Swim Instructor, University of California, Berkeley, CA. Taught swimming to children ages 3 to 15.
Lifeguard/WSI Swim Instructor, Live Oak Memorial Pool/Oakland High, city of Oakland, Oakland, CA. Lifeguard and WSI swim instructor six days a week. Taught swim lessons to children 3 to 12 years old, often including developmentally disabled children.
Lifeguard, El Cerrito Community Center, El Cerrito, CA. Lifeguard at the El Cerrito Community Center. Configured the pool for different swim activities, maintained on-deck safety and served as cashier.
Lifeguard, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA. Lifeguard at two different pools, Spieker Pool and Hearst Pool, configuring the pool for different swim activities and maintaining safety.
Junior Counselor, Camp Kee Tov, Berkeley, CA. Helped supervise a group of 15-plus campers ages 6-7 for one session (four weeks); helped develop and implement activity programs including arts and crafts, games, swimming and singing; maintained safety; assisted with guarding the swimming pool; staffed overnights.
Counselor-in-Training, Camp Kee Tov, Berkeley, CA. Helped supervise a group of 15-plus campers ages 6-7 for two sessions (eight weeks); helped develop and implement activity programs; maintained safety; assisted with guarding the swimming pool; staffed overnights.
- Milvia Street Journal 2012 Edition, Berkeley City College, two illustrations published
- Futures Committee, Berkeley High School
- Student representative, East Bay Midrasha
- Sigma Phi Epsilon, University of Southern California.
- Carol Shennan, Professor, Environmental Studies Department, UC Santa Cruz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joji Muramoto, Associate Researcher, Center for Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems, UC Santa Cruz, email@example.com
- Ingrid Parker, Professor, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, UC Santa Cruz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Rabkin, Lecturer, Department of Environmental Studies, UC Santa Cruz, email@example.com