Zachary Rokeach. 499 Vermont Avenue. Berkeley, CA 94707. Phone: 510-593-7637. E-mail: email@example.com
QUALIFICATIONS AND OBJECTIVE
I am seeking an internship/position to further my interests in the fields of biology, ecology, agroecology, climate change science, habitat reclamation, transportation & planning, pollution mitigation and green building.
- August 2012 – present, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA; Division of Social Sciences, candidate for combined BA in Environmental Studies and Biology (expected: September 2014); coursework includes: general chemistry, general biology, plant disease ecology & statistics
- August 2011 – July 2012, Peralta Community College District, Berkeley/Oakland/Alameda, CA; Undeclared
- August 2009 – May 2011, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA; School of Architecture
- September 2005 – June 2009, Berkeley High School, Berkeley, CA; graduated from the Academic Choice Program
- Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Rhinoceros 3D & Vray
July 2013 – September 2013
Intern, Urban Biofilter & Hyphae Design Laboratory, Oakland, CA. Researched and wrote a paper on the financial incentives of air pollution biofiltration, CAD drafting, website maintenance, construction and installation of various projects, blog writing.
March 2013 – June 2013
Research Assistant, UCSC Forest Ecology Research Plot (FERP), Santa Cruz, CA (paid work-study position). Supervisor of three interns assigned to the UCSC FERP, taking measurements of diameter and bearing (plus other various special circumstances) of all plant, tree, and vine species on the UCSC FERP.
January 2013 – March 2013
Intern, UCSC Forest Ecology Research Plot (FERP), Santa Cruz, CA. Took measurements of diameter and bearing (plus other various special circumstances) of all plant, tree, and vine species on the UCSC FERP.
Summer 2011, Summer 2010
Architecture Intern, Interactive Resources, Pt. Richmond, CA. Measured floor space in a historic house in preparation for restoration; prepared CAD drawings for a solar panel farm and the historic house; took photos of commercial property and analyzed opportunities for renovations. Drew up CAD engineering and architectural details for various projects. Accompanied the principal architect (and Richmond city councilman) Thomas K. Butt to site visits and the occasional sales pitch, as well as city council meetings.
Swim Instructor, University of California, Berkeley, CA. Taught swimming to children ages 3 to 15.
Lifeguard/WSI Swim Instructor, Live Oak Memorial Pool/Oakland High, city of Oakland, Oakland, CA. Lifeguard and WSI swim instructor six days a week. Taught swim lessons to children 3 to 12 years old, often including developmentally disabled children.
Lifeguard, El Cerrito Community Center, El Cerrito, CA. Lifeguard at the El Cerrito Community Center. Configured the pool for different swim activities, maintained on-deck safety and served as cashier.
Lifeguard, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA. Lifeguard at two different pools, Spieker Pool and Hearst Pool, configuring the pool for different swim activities and maintaining safety.
Junior Counselor, Camp Kee Tov, Berkeley, CA. Helped supervise a group of 15-plus campers ages 6-7 for one session (four weeks); helped develop and implement activity programs including arts and crafts, games, swimming and singing; maintained safety; assisted with guarding the swimming pool; staffed overnights.
Counselor-in-Training, Camp Kee Tov, Berkeley, CA. Helped supervise a group of 15-plus campers ages 6-7 for two sessions (eight weeks); helped develop and implement activity programs; maintained safety; assisted with guarding the swimming pool; staffed overnights.
- Milvia Street Journal 2012 Edition, Berkeley City College, two of my illustrations published
- One of a small group of students picked by Berkeley High School’s principal to serve on his Futures Committee, a year-long effort to close the achievement gap.
- Math tutor, Berkeley High School, Berkeley, CA.
- Cooked and served homeless meals at two locations in Berkeley while in high school.
- Served on the Board of Directors of Midrasha, an East Bay teen program.
- Member of Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity at the University of Southern California.
- I played water polo all four years at Berkeley High, and served as captain of the school’s varsity water polo team for my last season in the fall of 2008; I’ve also played water polo with an adult masters team based in El Cerrito, CA, known as XX-XY.
- Member of Berkeley High’s JV lacrosse team in spring of 2007.
- Member of Berkeley High’s swim team in freshman and sophomore years.
- Member of Berkeley High’s golf team in spring 2008.
- Brent Bucknum, Founding Principal, Urban Biofilter & Hyphae Design Laboratory, Oakland CA, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alex Jones, Campus Natural Reserve Steward, UC Santa Cruz, email@example.com, 831-459-4971
- Dr. Amy Concilio, Department of Environmental Studies, UC Santa Cruz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 831-295-4359
- Prof. Jin Zhang, Chemistry and Biochemistry, UC Santa Cruz, email@example.com, 831-459-3776
- Tom Butt, Architect/Principal-in-Charge, Interactive Resources, 510-236-7435, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anthony Guida, Lecturer, USC School of Architecture, 323-226-0631 cell 310-924-5844, email@example.com
- Adam Schwartz, Computer Courage (former director of Camp Kee Tov), 510-525-2226, firstname.lastname@example.org